Community Care Physicians is looking for a full time Interface Analyst to join its team of professionals. The Interface Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, installation, configuration, and maintenance of clinical system interfaces in a large medical practice environment. The Interface Analyst will work with clients and vendors from interface specification through installation, go-live, and production support. The Interface Analyst will lead or assist with troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex integration issues. The Interface Analyst will design and write customizations to resolve issues, ideally within existing medical data standards.
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or MIS required. Appropriate experience may be substituted for a degree.
2. Some explicit experience analyzing, specifying, programming, and testing clinical interfaces is required.
Attention to detail and comprehension of the clinical significance of interface data quality is essential. A positive, customer centric attitude is also required.
3. Demonstrable knowledge of HL7 and/or ANSI clinical data standards.
4. Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills are required.
Experience with scripting, relational databases, SQL, and reporting
5. 2 or more years of related experience.
6. Good working knowledge of EMPI, ADT, Registration, Scheduling, Billing, Clinical and ancillary systems utilized in hospitals and physician practices. Basic understanding of the operations and departments utilizing these systems and associated issues routinely encountered when integrating these organizations and systems.
7. Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server database technologies, including Integration Services and Reporting Services.
8. Experience with CorePoint, Rhapsody, and/or other XML or HL7 interface engine strongly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide systems analysis from the earliest stages of projects. Implement and maintain systems interfaces for Practice Management and Clinical Information Systems as well as general purpose applications. The position will also be key in:
a.) Defining specifications and requirements for interface projects
b.) Developing interface program code and coordinating/managing the vendor,partner, and customer development and delivery of interface projects.
c.) Developing and or communicating the development of system configuration and dynamic mapping tables to support the interface.
d.) Testing of interfaces including the coordination and supervision of others involved in the testing of interfaces. Validation and creation of test plans will also be necessary.
Provide technical support and support coordination for issues related to system interfaces or other system issues that fall within related domains.
Administration of Interface Engine software and high level administration of interface server hardware and software.
Perform or oversee the performance of daily error log clean up. Develop or participate in systematic or automated error elimination and clean-up efforts.
Train users and other staff in current and new aspects related to the interfaces and related other system features. Develop related training materials.
Maintain and monitor the ongoing functionality of the interfaces, both those already in place and those newly created, to proactively avoid potential problems and quickly remedy problems as they arise.
Perform other job related duties as required.
The above position statement reflects the general duties necessary
to describe the principle functions of the position and shall not
be considered a detailed description.